A Bit About Me
Hi, I'm Allison! I am a Minneapolis-based designer that recently graduated from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities with a BFA in Graphic Design. I have a passion for typography, branding, and interactive design. My interests outside of the Adobe Suite include getting outdoors, listening to audio books, running, and Netflix binging. I believe in arriving at thoughtful design solutions through collaboration, process, and strategy. If you'd like to get in touch, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Echidna, Inc. | Visual UX Designer
June 2016 – Present
- Design engaging and responsive visual designs for both Web and Mobile application within technical constraints.
- Participate and contribute to UX project processes including research, user journeys, site map, wireframes, and UAT testing.
- Develop storyboards, mock-ups, or prototypes to thoroughly communicate design concepts.
- Create a variety of eCommerce site deliverables including graphics, promotional headers, banners, and icon systems consistent with brand image.
- Collaborate with a team of Information Architects, UX Designers, Visual Designers, and Front-End Developers to create feasible visual design solutions.
Penny's Coffee | Graphic Designer
June 2016 – Present
- Concept and produce designs for coffee shop materials including packaging, menus, website, and signage within branding parameters.
- Generate compelling visual content for social media posts, email blasts, and website on time and on brand.
Professional Litho, Inc. | Creative Intern
September 2015 – May 2016
- Defined and enhanced company brand standards and logo usage in a 30+ page Brand Guidelines document.
- Assisted with photo studio setup and shoots.
- Acquired exposure to company procedure through working in various departments.
AD2 Student Advertising Summit | Creative Intern
September 2015 – February 2016
- Constructed event website wireframes and mock-up along with corresponding illustrations for social media posts.
- Collaborated with a Creative Team of two people and contributed designs for event logo and promotional materials.
- Brainstormed and conceptualized event theme and campaign ideas with the event committee.
3M | Graphic Design Intern
St. Paul, MN
- Developed eight patterns and additional graphics for application to products within the Construction and Home Improvement Markets division of the Consumer Business Group.
- Conducted Online trend research and organized the resulting information into a trend report to determine relevancy of product patterns to the market and consumer.
- Presented final design projects and findings to the Design Department.
University Dining Services | Graphic Design Intern
January 2014 – August 2015
- Designed promotional materials for a large variety of campus restaurants including; coupons, catering guides, posters, logos, flyers, menus, visuals for social media, stickers, and T-shirts while working under direction from the Marketing Manager.
- Managed multiple marketing projects simultaneously while prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Remained consistent within many different food brand standards for color, imagery, and typography.
- Maintained organization in computer filing methods.
Bemis Manufacturing | Graphic Design Intern
Sheboygan Falls, WI
- Responsible for graphic design components including print ads, flyers, product guides and catalogs, trade show materials, invitations, and social media imagery.
- Enhanced and edited images of company products using Photoshop.
- Preflighted copy on product packaging before sent to print.
Ad Club | Creative Team Lead
September 2013 – May 2015
- Managed creative team projects and assigned responsibilities to five team members.
- Organized and planned creative team meetings to ensure efficient communication during group projects.
- Prepared designs for presentation to the client by the Account Team.
Bemis Manufacturing | Marketing and Business Development Associate
Sheboygan Falls, WI
- Assisted in developing on-going marketing plan including research, presentations, websites, invitations, and prospecting.
- Analyzed competitor marketing and sales materials online.